Sinuses are hollow air spaces situated in the skull, which are present below the cheeks at the root of the nose and at the region where both the eyebrows .
Since the sinus are like hollow spaces in the skull filled with air, they help the skull to be light, humidify the air and helps in enhancing our voice.
They are lined with thin membrane called mucosa.
Due to certain infections or dental infections sinus can get infected. Due to infection there is swelling of the check, or nose bridges depending upon the sinus involved which causes great discomfort due constant pain or heaviness, as the discharges get accumulated.
The infection can be acute or chronic. Recurrent attacks of acute Sinusitis can lead to chronicity.
Causes of Chronic Sinusitis
- Nasal infections –common cold and influenza
- Nasal obstruction
- Nasal allergy
- Habits forcible blowing the nose –causing the infection to spread to sinuses
- Barotrauma –may cause acute sinusitis in the same way as it causes acute otitis media—flight
- Viral in origin in majority of cases
- Bacteria in origin which can be superadded as the air-spaces get liquid filled
- Dental infections can aggravate the attacks –especially maxillary Sinus
- Deviated nasal septum-Nose Bridge shape is altered
Symptoms of Chronic Sinusitis
- Discomfort in checks –heaviness in the check
- Constant headache on bending the head down, coughing or sneezing
- Nasal discharge constant of mucous in origin initially it can be white thick later on as the infection can set in it can be yellowish and thick.
- Blockage of nose
- Nasal twang
- Dry cough Due to constant post nasal discharge may be present.
- In general you may experience body ache, feverish feeling and dullness
Homeopathic Treatment for Chronic Sinusitis
There is no cure for this chronic sinusitis in modern medicine expect symptomatic relief .If the attacks are recurrent it can lead to middle ear infections ,inflammation of the voice box (Pharygnitis) prolonged stagnation of mucus in the sinus lead to abscess formation which can lead to inflammation of brain structures a critical condition.
With our homoeopathic remedies we can prevent the tendencies of further attacks in future by developing your own immunity, increase the resistance power, to prevent further complication and getting rid of the complaint permanently without side effects.
Homeopathy Treatment for sinusitis has a good scope to cure the both acute and chronic sinusitis if it is treated constitutionally as well as clinically. The clinical way of treatment will give best results for relieving the acute symptoms like stuffed nose, headache, fever, thick nasal discharge etc. The constitutional treatment will help in chronic case to cure it completely by modifying the hypersensitivity nature of the immune system to various allergen which causes allergic reaction and result sinus inflammation.
By reducing the intensity and frequency of the attacks it can prevent complications of sinusitis and surgery.